Open Access Book Publishing 2018-2022 : Market Research Report
peter.suber's bookmarks 2018-09-06
[This work is not OA and not close. A single user license costs $1,995.]
"This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, Simba Information quantifies open access book publishing as a market segment. Simba used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to develop a financial outlook for open access book publishing with market projections through 2022. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing....
Examples of some of the issues discussed include:
- The continued evolution of open access
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities vs. scientific, technical and medical
- Prevailing business models and experiments
- Open access mandates spread to books
- Opportunity for monographs and conference proceedings
- Emerging markets fertile ground for open access...."