PLAN S IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE: SUBMISSION FROM SPRINGER NATURE
peter.suber's bookmarks 2019-02-12
"1. All parties to work together towards a global level playing field by increasing the evidence base around the benefits of Open Access and promoting them to the research community;
2. cOAlition S funders to make transformative deals, such as Publish and Read deals, a key part of Plan S given their proven ability to drive growth in OA;
3. cOAlition S funders to allow ‘hybrid’ and ‘sister’ journals to be Plan S compliant given their role in meeting different geographic, funder and disciplinary needs;
4. All parties to work together on a sustainable solution for highly selective journals and nonprimary research content in journals given their different funding and cost characteristics;
5. Plan S principles to utilise market forces and competition to ensure ‘reasonable’ APC levels or, if necessary, to take into account individual characteristics of journals and their associated publishing and workflow costs when ensuring ‘reasonable’ APC levels;
6. Plan S to support innovative access platforms being built to provide early access to primary research...."