Short statement from the SG of AAU on Open Access to all HEIs on the continent | Association of African Universities
peter.suber's bookmarks 2019-05-15
* In hiring, promotion, and tenure, the university will give due weight to all peer-reviewed publications, regardless of price or medium.
* faculty who publish articles must either (1) retain copyright and transfer only the right of first print and electronic publication, or (2) transfer copyright but retain the right of postprint archiving.
* Adopt policies encouraging or requiring faculty to fill the institutional archive with their research articles and preprints
* all theses and dissertations, upon acceptance, must be made openly accessible, for example, through the institutional repository or one of the multi-institutional OA archives for theses and dissertations.
* all conferences hosted at your university will provide open access to their presentations or proceedings, even if the conference also chooses to publish them in a priced journal or book. This is compatible with charging a registration fee for the conference.
* all journals hosted or published by your university will either be OA or take steps to be friendlier to OA. For example, see the list of what journals can do...."