Maximizing dissemination and engaging readers: The other 50% of an author's day: A case study - Green - - Learned Publishing - Wiley Online Library
peter.suber's bookmarks 2019-07-16
- Dissemination should be the other 50% of what authors do: being read and having impact will not happen by itself.
- Authors can influence discovery and readership through owned media – i.e. their own communication activities.
- Earned media – i.e. when influencers write about your work – is key to reaching larger and more diverse audiences.
- There is plenty of data for tracking engagement and use of articles, but it is scattered across multiple tools and providers and can be misleading or even incorrect.
- Listservs can have higher engagement than modern, ‘cool’, social networking tools...."