Open Access Book Publishing 2020-2024 - Research and Markets
peter.suber's bookmarks 2020-12-30
"In today’s global market, it’s more important than ever to understand the evolution of academic publishing. Rely on the Open Access Book Publishing 2020-2024 to build your strategy in this emerging market for this year and beyond.
This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, Simba Information quantifies open access book publishing as a market segment. Simba used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to develop a financial outlook for open access book publishing with market projections through 2024. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing. Open Access Book Publishing 2020-2024 contains separate chapters covering the market, notable publishers and programs, and issues and forecast that include:
- Exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Title growth metrics
- Open access book publishing by discipline
- A look at key geographic markets that are pushing the development of open access books
- Exclusive market projections to 2024 and more.
Publishers and investment professionals can trust Open Access Book Publishing 2020-2024 to provide the inside intelligence needed to evaluate growth potential, understand trends affecting the industry, and size up the competition. Examples of some of the issues discussed include:
- The continued evolution of open access
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities vs. scientific, technical and medical
- Prevailing business models and experiments
- Open access mandates spread to books
- Opportunity for monographs and conference proceedings
- Emerging markets fertile ground for open access...."