peter.suber's bookmarks 2021-04-07
"PsychOpen CAMA enables accessing meta-analytic datasets, reproducing meta-analyses and dynamically updating evidence from new primary studies collaboratively....
A CAMA (Community Augmented Meta Analysis) is an open repository for meta-analytic data, that provides meta-analytic analysis tools....
PsychOpen CAMA enables easy access and automated reproducibility of meta-analyses in psychology and related fields. This has several benefits for the research community:
- Evidence can be kept updated by adding new studies published after the meta-analysis.
- Researchers with special research questions can use subsets of the data or rerun meta-analyses using different moderators.
- Flexible analyses with the datasets enable the application of new statistical procedures or different graphical displays.
- The cumulated evidence in the CAMA can be used to get a quick overview of existing research gaps. This may give an idea of which study designs or moderators may be especially interesting for future studies to use limited resources for research in a way to enhance evidence.
- Given existing meta-analytic evidence, the necessary sample size of future studies to detect an effect of a reasonable size can be estimated. Moreover, the effect of possible future studies on the results of the existing meta-analytic evidence can be simulated.
- PsychOpen CAMA offers tutorials to better understand the reasoning behind meta-analyses and to learn the basic steps of conducting a meta-analysis to empower other researchers to contribute to our project for the benefit of the research community...."