The importance of effective data sharing and reuse to funders and others supporting research
peter.suber's bookmarks 2022-01-21
- Wellcome requires grantees to submit and maintain an Outputs Management Plan, the quality of which have improved over time.
- To stimulate re-use of data, the Wellcome Data Re-use Prizes were launched in 2018.
- The Wellcome prizes did not receive the volume of submissions expected, one possible reason being the lack of clarity about the time required to produce a worthy entry.
- Researchers identify publishers as the source relied upon to make data open, and there are steps publishers can take to help.
- However, there is also a role for funders to unlock the potential of data."