NEA Releases 12th FYP for Solar Power Development
Dance to the Revolution 2012-09-12
The Chinese National Energy Administration (NEA) just unveiled the Twelfth Five Year Plan for Solar Power Development (“The Plan”), in which it laid out the general principals, overall goals, and key tasks for China’s solar energy development.
The Plan set the goal at 21 GW solar installation capacity by 2015, with an annual power generation of 25 TWH. It puts emphasis on establishing a 10 GW distributed photovoltaic power generation systems that are combined with architectures in the Middle and the Eastern regions. In regions with abundant sunshine and available land such as Qinghai, Xinjiang, Gansu, Inner Mongolia, etc. the emphasis is on increase the local power supply by constructing and connecting 10 GW photovoltaic power stations to the grid.
The nine key tasks are:
1. promote the construction of solar power plants
2. expand and promote distributed solar photovoltaic power generation
3. establish renewable energy microgrid model projects
- in remote townships in Tibet, Qinghai, Xinjiang and other Western provinces.
- in densely populated coastal areas and other special areas in Zhejiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, etc.
4. establish renewable energy model cities
- 100 models cities and 1000 model districts for renewable energy in the Twelfth Five Year period
5. improve solar power generation technological innovation system
6. increase the sustainable competitiveness of solar products
7. establish and improve solar power industrial system
8. promote the healthy growth of photovoltaic manufacturing industry
9. actively engage in international cooperation