FEATURE - How Mozilla's Maker Party Helps Librarians Stand Up for Internet Health
lkfitz's bookmarks 2017-04-18
"In 2017, librarians and Mozilla will continue this work. In the coming months, we will do the following:
- Continue to give participants a strong understanding of the proposed copyright laws and explore how they might negatively affect a specific user—for example, a journalist who blogs.
- Teach learners the importance of Creative Commons and open licensing. Learners might snap, upload, and share their own photos.
- Spotlight the current errors with copyright law. Learners might create memes of the Eiffel Tower at night—an act that is technically unlawful.
- Teach learners the value of free, accessible information. Learners can read and edit Wikipedia.
- Give regular citizens concrete ways to tell their elected member of the European Parliament not to undermine a healthy internet."