Digital Scholarship Librarian Job Opening in Lexington, Virginia - Occupational Health & Safety
lkfitz's bookmarks 2017-09-27
"As a member of a library team emphasizing digital humanities, data, and collections in the liberal arts, the Digital Scholarship Librarian will have a role in advancing digital scholarship writ large at Washington and Lee. This is a position for an individual with wide-ranging interests in digital initiatives.
- Promoting the use and concept of collections as data through teaching/co-teaching and research assistance
- Collaborating with colleagues in outreach and instruction efforts in the digital humanities initiative, which is largely centered in the University Library
- Managing, promoting, and performing outreach for: the institutional repository (currently DSpace hosted by Atmire), the archival metadata management platform (currently ArchivesSpace) and web archiving tool (Archive-It), coordinating ingestion workflow in dialogue with Digital Services Manager and Special Collections staff
- Serving as a resource for questions on copyright, digitization, digital preservation, and digital asset management
- Serving as a member of the Digital Humanities Action Team (DHAT), responding to consultation requests from faculty/students/staff on digitally inflected pedagogy and/or research, with an emphasis on scholarly publication and dissemination.
- The position carries with it support for research time and funding for professional development."