New to OA? Top tips from the experts | Unlocking Research
lkfitz's bookmarks 2018-08-21
"Recently, the OSC’s Arthur Smith (the current Secretary of UKCORR), posed the first ‘monthly discussion’ point, asking the group two questions:
- What do you wish you were told before you started your job in repository management/scholarly communication?
- What are your top three tips for someone just starting?
What followed was a flurry of emails full of great advice. Too good not to share – hence this blog. In summary:
- This is a varied and complex area
- Open access is bigger than mandates
- Things change fast in scholarly communication
- Don’t panic
- Work with your academic colleagues
- The OA community is strong and supportive"