Supporting Open Research in Horizon 2020 Tickets, Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM | Eventbrite
lterrat's bookmarks 2017-01-22
"This course will introduce research managers to the concept of open research (including Open Access to publications and Open Data) and its implications for their work. The key requirements for Horizon 2020 projects will be discussed with particular focus on the implications to research of the expansion of the Open Data Pilot. An introduction to developing and reviewing DMPs will be provided and through practical exercises, participants will gain experience in working with real-world examples. Participants will be introduced to useful resources to support open research, as well as case studies and other practical examples.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the drivers and benefits of open research and will be able to articulate them to researchers.
- Understand the requirements of Horizon 2020 and how to support open access to publications and data.
- Know the key elements of a Data Management Plan and will be able to review plans from a variety of disciplines.
- Be able to introduce researchers to tools and services that facilitate open research.
- Know how to discover and select repositories for data publication."