How to make your research 100% Open Access for free (and legally) – Green Tea and Velociraptors
lterrat's bookmarks 2017-04-23
"f we self-archive as a research community en masse, several things could be achieved.
- Global Open Access to the research literature will become a reality for a very low cost;
- Subscriptions to publishers for our own content will be largely redundant as everything will be OA already;
- We create the basis for building tools, like Unpaywall, that can leverage the power of massive-scale access;
- We save $billions every year from university libraries that can be reinvested into students and open scholarly infrastructure;
- We make the need for quasi-legal entities like SciHub and ResearchGate to become redundant."