Open Access Books Editorial Co-ordinator : London, United Kingdom : Naturejobs
lterrat's bookmarks 2017-05-31
"The Open Access Books team supports our Springer and Palgrave Macmillan editorial teams in commissioning OA books. It is responsible for driving business strategy through business model development, pricing, policy and commercial oversight, as well as supporting new product growth, and optimising workflows.
The Open Access Books Editorial Co-ordinator role is an exciting opportunity to support the Open Access Books team in areas relating to editorial support. The role is varied, but includes editorial support and outreach as well as research, data analysis and report preparation.
- Support and training for editors
- Act as a “first line helpdesk” for questions from wherever in the company about our open access books policies, pricing, and editorial processes and reply to requests in a timely and clear manner.
- Actively communicate our open access books publishing options and policies across the business to all stakeholder groups by developing suitable communication channels and manners.
- Prepare and conduct internal editorial training sessions about OA books.
- Conduct editorial outreach presentations, as required.
- Maintain all internal communication sources for our open access books guidelines and editor-facing information and ensure these are kept up-to-date.
- Support Senior Manager OA Books and the marketing team in maintaining external channels regarding our open access books at Springer Nature.
- Manage implementation of any changes to OA books policies, as required
- Work with Senior Manager OA Books to optimize commissioning workflows for OA books.
- Document OA books workflows and processes from commissioning to the point of handover to production.
- Assist editors in contracting and invoicing and work with Editorial Rights and invoicing teams to improve these procedures for OA books.
- Advise Open Research Group Programme & Product team about system developments required to support editors.
- Represent the Open Research Group in projects that involve open access books issues, taking into account books workflows to the point of handover to production – as required.
- Assist with compiling monthly reports to track and benchmark the performance of OA books.
Research and project work
- Stay informed about competitor activities relating to open access books, analyse these activities and report to the Open Research Group open access book stakeholders and any other stakeholders around the company.
- Assist on and manage wider open research projects as required."