Institution as e-textbook publisher | David Clover
lterrat's bookmarks 2017-06-21
"The workshop asked the four project teams (from UCL Press; the University of the Highlands and Islands and Edinburgh Napier University; University of Liverpool Press; and University of Nottingham) to reflect on the last three years of the project under a number of broad themes:
- Costs: how long did the books take to write, what were the hidden costs?
- Benchmarking: cost benefit analysis and evidence to invest in more e-textbooks
- Technology: the technology used including lessons learned and issues faced
- Licensing: issues encountered including CC licenses, 3rd party copyright issues
- Dissemination, distributions and discovery: concepts and process behind the dissemination, uptake, and wider adoption of the e-textbooks
- Uptake: evidence of usage by students and courses
- Feedback: Would the authors do it again, would they act as champions?
- Implications of implementation: What are the implications for the wider adoption of the e-textbooks at other institutions?"