International Open Science Conference Programme
Kirstine's bookmarks 2018-01-15
The Open Science Conference 2018 is the 5th international conference organized by the Leibniz Research Alliance Science 2.0. It is dedicated to the Open Science movement and provides a unique forum for researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure provider, policy makers, and other important stakeholders to discuss and exchange their ideas and experiences.
The Open Science movement focusses on research data management in general and since most recently on FAIR data principles, i.e. findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable research data. Within this context the thematic focus of this year’s conference will be on FAIR principles of research data and supporting research data infrastructures.
Invited as well as carefully selected talks, hands-on reports and a panel discussion will cover both the view of research data infrastructures and the view of the scientific communities. We also accepted 21 submissions (list of accepted submissions) to the Call for Project Presentation to be presented at the conference.
The International Open Science Conference is organised by the ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics and the Leibniz Research Alliance Science 2.0.
The following speakers are confirmed (see full programme):
- Stefan Bender, Deutsche Bundesbank, German Data Forum, Germany
- Dr Juan Bicarregui, Scientific Computing Department (SCD), Science and Technology Facilities Council, UK
- Dr Simon Hodson, Executive Director CODATA, France & Chair of the EC Expert Group on FAIR Data
- Professor Wolfram Horstmann, Director Göttingen State and University Library, Germany
- Dr Robert Jones, Information Technology Department, CERN, Switzerland
- Sarah Jones, Associate Director Digital Curation Centre, University of Glasgow, UK
- Professor Karel Luyben, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Natalia Manola, Department of Informatics and Telecommunications, University of Athens & Athena Technology and Innovation Research Center, Greece
- Dr Felix Schönbrodt, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- Emily Sena, PhD, Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Don’t miss it: the Barcamp Open Science will be held on 12 March 2018.