Plan S : Removing Paywalls and Unlocking Research Registration, Thu 14 Feb 2019 at 16:00 - Eventbrite
Kirstine's bookmarks 2019-01-28
Screening of the documentary film "Paywall: The Business of Scholarship" and round table debate on the topics of Open Science and Plan S.
About this Event
The Association of Young Researchers of the Alpes-Maritimes (AJC06) and the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers (Eurodoc) organize an event in partnership with UCA to address the trending topic of Open Science (Open Access and Plan S) through the screening of the film "Paywall: The Business of Scholarship", available in free access . The national plan for Open Sciencelaunched by the Minister Frédérique Vidal, is part of the European process of Open Science. It is a transdisciplinary topic that will increasingly impact the work of researchers in the future.
Plan S, already approved by 13 national organizations, including ANR in France, will be deployed in 2019 and we wish to inform the widest public of researchers, doctoral candidates and junior researchers about the topic but also discuss its pros and cons and the possible challenges that Plan S might face.
Below is the provisional program of the event:
- 4:00-4:15pm: Introduction by the AJC06 and Eurodoc
- 4:15-4:30pm: Open Science @UCA, VP Research
- 4:30-4:50pm: Introduction by Jason Schmitt, director of the documentary film "Paywall: the Business of Scholarship"
- 4:50-6:00pm: Screening of the film
- 6:00-6:20pm: Plan S by Marc Schiltz, President of Science Europe
- 6:20-7:30pm: Round table and debate
- 7:30-8:30pm: Dinner Cocktail
This event is free for everyone.