Sustainable non-APC publishing models (9th OpenAIRE workshop - February 2019)
g_fra's bookmarks 2018-12-12
"An interactive learning opportunity for Non-APC based publishers and fora
To continue the efforts of OpenAIRE to provide support to alternative business models making scientific outcomes openly available, we’re organizing an interactive workshop based on input from our participants. We invite journal, book publishers and librarians supporting non-APC publishing initiatives to present their case, brainstorm about common themes provided by SWOT analyses, showcase the range of different models and collaborate on a best practice guide, including a roadmap to sustainability.
The OpenAIRE Sustainable Non-APC Publishing Models Workshop aims to assist publishing initiatives and libraries alike. The aim of the workshop is to be participatory in the true sense of the word, topics and themes will largely be decided on by the input provided by participants. We therefore ask for a SWOT analysis or to outline your expertise to give us insights how you can contribute to the workshop.
The final goal is that the work carried out under this initiative may eventually benefit all APC-free Open Access journal publishers trough:
- Assessing relative strengths and weaknesses
- Conducting cross-disciplinary analyses of efficacy in different academic contexts,
- Providing a Roadmap to sustainability through best practice examples and suggestions
- Promoting best practice through knowledge-sharing activities
- Helping define mechanisms for funding non-APC models
You can contribute to the workshop by:
- Providing a SWOT analysis of the non-APC business model you are involved in
- Contribute to the roadmap on the second day of the workshop
- Contribute to the discussion and working groups...."
From feeds:Open Access Tracking Project (OATP) » g_fra's bookmarks
Open Access Tracking Project (OATP) » peter.suber's bookmarks