Worried about the recent data security breaches at your local department stores? What are the current laws protecting us from identity theft?
Massachusetts Law Updates 2014-10-01
Take a look at our webpage on Massachusetts Laws about Identity Theft by clicking here. Within that page is the link to the Attorney General’s Guide on Identity Theft for Victims and Consumers. Do you have a Massachusetts Trial Court Law Library card? If so, you can access the HeinOnline journal database to read the following law journal articles:
· Cybersecurity in the Payment Card Industry, by Richard Epstein and Thomas P. Brown, 75 University of Chicago Law Review 2008, pages 203 – 224.
· Government and Private Sector Roles in Providing Information Security in the U.S. Financial Services Industry, by Mark MacCarthy from I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society, 8 ISJLP 1 2012-2013, pages 242 - 276.
· State Responsibility for Cyber Attacks: Competing Standards for a Growing Problem, by Scott J. Shackelford and Richard B. Andres, 42 Georgetown Journal of International Law, 42 Geo. J. Int’l L. pages 971 - 1016, 2010-2011.
Don’t have a Law Library card yet? It’s easy to apply for one at any of our 17 Trial Court Law Libraries. Click here for the link to our locations and hours of operation.
Interested in reading some additional articles? These are from the Bloomberg Businessweek’s website:
- Home Depot Hacked After Months of Security Warnings, posted on September 18, 2014.
- Home Depot Malware Hints at Different Hackers Than Target’s, posted on September 11,2104.