ARC Open Access Policy Version 2017.1 | Australian Research Council
peter.suber's bookmarks 2017-07-04
"How has the policy changed from the previous ARC Open Access Policy?
The revised policy issued on 30 June 2017 remains substantively the same as the previous version of the policy. The revisions remove ambiguities in application and includes:
- The addition of a definitions section
- The specification to make research ARC-funded research outputs openly accessible in an institutional repository has been removed, and replaced with the requirement that these outputs must be made openly accessible. Only the metadata for research outputs must be made available to the public in an institutional repository
- The scope has been clarified to apply to all outputs, rather than just publications (journal articles and scholarly monographs as is currently the case) arising from ARC-funded research and its metadata
- Greater guidance around the metadata requirements for ARC-funded research outputs
- Specifying the need for appropriate licensing of research outputs in order to provide guidance on allowable access and reuse
- Significantly clarifying the roles and responsibilities in relation to the ARC’s open access requirements.
The requirement that any research output arising from ARC funded research must be made openly accessible within a twelve (12) month period from the publication date has not changed...."