UUK Open Access Coordination Group
peter.suber's bookmarks 2018-09-11
"The UUK Open Access Coordination Group works to ensure that the activities to support the transition towards open access in the UK can be effectively coordinated, have an ongoing focus and that progress can be monitored.
The group has no formal powers, but brings funders, institutions, publishers and other stakeholders together to recognise and explore challenges, and to build and maintain a close and constructive dialogue. The Coordination Group has five core objectives:
- Developing and interpreting the data and evidence base on the implementation of open access in priority areas
- Coordinating related research and activity being undertaken by stakeholders
- Commissioning research to fill gaps in the evidence
- Providing advice on policy and the direction of implementation of open access
- Providing advice on the coordination and development of open access infrastructure ..."