Scientific Manager (f/m/d)
peter.suber's bookmarks 2019-02-25
"The European project ‘OpenAIRE-Advance – Open Access Infrastructure for Research in Europe towards 2020’ is seeking a Scientific Manager (f/m/d) to support the ongoing OpenAIRE-Advance project....
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Assume a strategic role on behalf of the scientific coordination, with a focus on matching the needs of research communities to the development of Open Science infrastructures as well as support for the implementation of funder policies and good practices
- Coordinate a work package with focus on support and advocacy for the human-technical implementation of Open Science at various levels, working closely with all relevant stakeholders and the coordinators of the project
- Oversight of topical scholarly communication task groups to increase capacity and knowledge among the network, contributing to training materials and advocacy programmes including technical interoperability guidelines for repositories and publishing platforms and OA monitoring (e. g. dashboards)
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the OpenAIRE legal entity (OpenAIRE-LE) and securing national Open Science partnerships from EU Member States and Associate Countries and other sectors, in alignment with the European Open Science Cloud
- Manage the implementation and support the governance bodies of the OpenAIRE-LE, in close collaboration with the OpenAIRE-LE Office, including the maintenance and further development of the principles and rules of engagement and solicit participation within the LE working groups
- Manage the strategic planning of the OpenAIRE-Advance network, manage networking tasks and establish coordination activities, ensuring successful support for the implementation of Open Science policies
- Contribute to collaborative activities between OpenAIRE-Advance and e-infrastructures namely communication issues, service provisioning and strategic alignment activities...."