University Librarian - Daily Hampshire Gazette
lkfitz's bookmarks 2018-02-16
"The University Librarian will enjoy faculty status in the School of Arts and Sciences. While the campuses are still in their foundational stages, the position offers exciting opportunities for leadership in building a strong base for the three campus libraries. This includes building the library teams’ professional expertise and ensuring that library policies and procedures are aligned to internationally recognised standards and follow best practice. The University Librarian will work closely with the faculty, analyse curricular offerings and lead on the provision of information and digital literacies and researcher development at UCA.
The specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, implement and monitor an integrated strategic operating plan for the three campus libraries to meet user needs aligned to the university’s mission.
- Obtain an understanding of the teaching curriculum and research activities of the university and develop strong partnerships with the teaching, learning and research departments.
- Develop the library collections and services to meet the teaching, learning and research needs of students and faculty.
- Implement a user evaluation and feedback system to monitor the effectiveness of the library services and collections.
- Ensure the library space is accessible and safe and can be utilized for multiple modes of learning and research.
- Lead on developing open access research repositories for the university’s existing and future research outputs.
- Plan and develop a conservation and preservation, as well as a marketing plan, for the libraries archives and special collections.
- Work with the Aga Khan Development Network to ensure that the local collections are maintained and preserved for accessibility."