Job Application for Contract Community Outreach Coordinator (India) at Wikimedia Foundation
lterrat's bookmarks 2017-08-31
"The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking a Contract Community Outreach Coordinator in India for the New Readers program. This position will work to build a network of volunteers, increasing collaboration with them and the Foundation’s New Readers team. This role requires Wikimedia Community experience. This position is a contract role. Duration is up to six months at up to 20 hours per week.
The New Readers program is working to bring readers from low-awareness regions, like India, to Wikimedia projects through increasing awareness and removing barriers to access. We work closely with communities in the countries that we’re active in, and we’d like your help to guide our collaborations and bring new community voices to the conversation.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Community outreach:
- Connecting with and building up a network of volunteers from Indic language wikis (and English), increasing the number of projects we can meaningfully interact with;
- Engaging communities in the program development process by acting as a conduit for community ideas, questions, and change requests, talking to editors about the ongoing work and how they can participate in it effectively both online and in person;
- Working with members of the New Readers team to build tools to support grants towards raising awareness, and supporting local grantees in those activities;
- Attend some regular team meetings (virtually) and ensure that gaps in documentation are addressed.
- Community input:
- Helping the team understand potential community roadblocks in developing features, programs, partnerships, etc.. Guiding us to solutions that work for local and global communities.
- Monitoring Wikimedia projects and other areas determined to be relevant (potentially to include mailing lists and social media) for discussions of New Readers program work;
- Summarizing input, feedback, and insights relevant to the process comprehensively and documenting those on Meta-Wiki;"