OpenAthens publisher workshop: The future of access to scholarly content | Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 10:00 | London | Eventbrite
ab1630's bookmarks 2018-08-11
"...DESCRIPTION This free one-day workshop facilitates discussion around the future of access to scholarly content. Places are limited to 30 people so please book your place soon. During the workshop you can:
- Discover some of the barriers users face when accessing content online and learn more about changing user behaviour
- Learn from peers about the challenges around identity and access management and the ways to overcome these
- Imagine what the future of identity and access management is
- Look at existing identity and access management technologies, future trends and the barriers to implementation
During the breakout sessions we will explore and discuss topics around:
1. RA21 and the implications of an industry access standard 2. Piracy, security and privacy 3. Open Access vs Pay Wall 4. Global access to content as an opportunity to widen customer base 5. Data and analytics of usage stats for decision-making 6. Squeezed customer budgets and licensing models You’ll be able to select which discussion groups you want to sign up to on the day and we will share the findings with you following the workshop.
The workshop takes place the day before the ALPSP conference in Old Windsor, 12 – 14 September..."