Project coordinator open access consortia (m/f/d) | Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2020-11-17
As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. Our services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) - Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology - Program Area B, User and Information Services, is looking - subject to final approval by the third-party funding provider - to employ a
Project coordinator open access consortia (m/f/d)
to work in the field of publication probably by 1st February 2021. The position is limited to two years. The regular weekly working time is 39.8 hours (full-time). The position is generally suitable for part-time work. The remuneration is based on pay scale group 13 TV-L.
The project Konsortiale Open-Access-Lösungen aufbauen (KOALA) (Building consortial open access solutions), funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), is carried out by TIB in cooperation with the University of Konstanz. The project establishes consortial, collaborative solutions that contribute to the replacement of fee-based open access publishing (APC) with science-friendly alternatives. It thus aims to address one of the biggest obstacles currently standing in the way of the cross-disciplinary acceptance and widespread dissemination of open access. TIB coordinates the project and is responsible for tasks in the open access consortia sub-project.
- Project coordination and project communication for KOALA
- Determination of requirements for consortium structure and periodicals to be included
- Acquisition of suitable book series and journals
- Establishment of open access consortia, including development of the structure, conditions of participation and the concrete design
- Establishment of a help-desk for editors of periodicals
- Successfully completed university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in information science, natural science or a related field
- Knowledge of the open access and academic landscape
- Experience with library consortia or with license management in libraries or publishing houses
- Experience with academic publishing
- Overview of the academic publishing landscape
- Experience with work in joint projects
- Experience in teaching open access skills in a professional or non-professional context
- Very good English language skills in spoken and written language
What we offer
- A modern workplace in a central location of Hanover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- A comprehensive and intensive training
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life, such as mobile work
- An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
- A salary in pay scale group 13 TV-L according to the provisions of the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TV-L), including a special annual payment
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Marco Tullney, head of Publication Services, by mail at marco.tullney-at-tib-eu.
How to apply We look forward to receiving your application.