Building resilience through cooperation: Two case studies | Learned Publishing
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2021-01-19
Brown, J., Jones, P., Meadows, A. and Murphy, F. (2021), Building resilience through cooperation: Two case studies. Learned Publishing, 34: 25-29. https://doi.org/10.1002/leap.1354
- There is evidence that cooperatives provide greater resilience in times of crisis than conventional enterprises.
- Cooperatives subscribe to seven values associated with economic and governance participation, as well as equality and concern for community.
- We present two case studies, one well established (Crossref) and one new (the UK National Research Identifier Coordinating Committee), that have adopted some cooperative principles.
- There is a strong push towards greater cooperation in the scholarly communications sector.
- There is enough evidence from our own sector and the wider socio‐economic landscape to justify prioritizing cooperation and cooperative values in our common endeavours in coming years.