Jobs: Open Science and Academics Skills Teachers (2 posts) | TU Delft
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2021-05-04
Are you the trainer who can help our students, researchers and teachers improve their information literacy and open science skills? Are you aware of the latest developments in open science and do you want to use your knowledge and skills in a scientific environment? Then we are looking for you!
The educational offer and educational support provided by the TU Delft Library is constantly being renewed and expanded in an innovative and creative way.
As a teacher your main task is to develop, teach, evaluate, together with your colleagues, attractive and active education in the field of information literacy and open science skills. You are familiar with online teaching techniques as a moderator and developer. You enthusiastically give classroom instructions to students, teachers and researchers, mostly PhD’s. You join the team of the teachers who provide “The informed researcher”, “Open Science MOOC” and Research Data Management courses.
You are in charge of the implementation of information literacy and open science skills in the Bachelor and Master programme. You are in discussion with teachers and students to ensure the connection between the provided education and their needs and wishes. You translate feedback and e-learning data into educational improvements
About the department Education Support focuses on the development of academic skills of students, teachers and researchers, in particular information literacy, information processing, research data management and open science skills. These skills are necessary for education and research. The department provides both online and classroom education. .
- You are an enthusiastic teacher, have expertise in providing and developing training, online and face-to-face.
- Liaises with researchers, teachers and students as well as other stakeholders within the Library, ICT, Education & Student Affairs (ESA) and beyond on current and future training needs.
- You have knowledge on Information Literacy and Open Science and follow recent trends in these fields.
- You have a MSc degree or equivalent understanding of the research environment.
- You have a good command of English, written and spoken and excellent communication skills.
- You strive to create an open, safe and interactive learning environment within the training sessions (online and face-to-face).
- You are willing to advance and learn new skills to develop and provide training.
- You are an innovator.
- You are an inspiration for your colleagues. You are analytical, result- and customer-oriented, you can work well together and you take others along to spread your ideas.
Conditions of employment
- There are 2 positions available: a 0.9 FTE position and a 1.0 FTE position.
- Contract duration: 1 year with prospect of permanent.
- A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the vitality program.
TU Delft (Delft University of Technology)
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context. At TU Delft we embrace diversity and aim to be as inclusive as possible (see our Code of Conduct). Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
University Corporate Office - TU Delft Library
TU Delft Library is the largest technical-scientific library in the Netherlands, a physical and virtual meeting place. The Library helps to find valuable knowledge needed for education and research, and to publish and store the knowledge generated at TU Delft. We believe it is important that knowledge is easily accessible and freely available to everyone. In this way, knowledge can flow freely and TU Delft's knowledge can become va