Job: UX Designer at Joubel AS (H5P). Deadline: Oct 31, 2021
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2021-10-22
Join the founders of H5P and change the world of interactive content!
Joubel is searching for a position of UX designer. You will be working on improving the user experience and visual design of state-of-the-art technology for creating and sharing interactive web content. Do you see great ways to improve the UX of https://H5P.org/interactive-video? Are you eager to help shape H5P’s upcoming global resource bank? Join us!
As a team, we constantly develop and execute our plan for widespread adoption of our H5P Technology. The core of both our development plan and marketing plan is to make sure that our products give a powerful impression of quality. The UX designer is vital in this and will work closely with all existing employees in our agile development process.
- Gather insights into the customers’ needs and help determine specific problems they are experiencing
- Conduct user testing
- Sketch and communicate findings to the team by making solutions in the form of customer journeys, wireframes, and clickable prototypes
- Produce design mockups for new features and for improving existing features
- Produce functional specifications for design implementations
- Review and evaluate design implementations
- Produce designs for the company’s marketing campaigns (newsletters, banners, ads, etc.)
- Substantial experience as a UX designer. In addition, you should understand UI fundamentals and be able to solve some UI tasks and yet, UX should be your primary set of skills.
- Higher education within relevant fields or relevant work experience.
- A portfolio or other presentation of your prior work experience.
- Experience with tools for tracking and analyzing data and A/B testing like Google Analytics, HotJar, etc.
- Experience with tools for producing wireframes, prototypes, and design mockups like UXPin(preferred), Figma/Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills (Norwegian is not a requirement).
We also value:
- Understanding web accessibility requirements. Designing in a way so that everyone can perceive and interact with the product.
- CSS and HTML knowledge.
- Agile mind.
- Happy to work within the team, as well as independently. Good collaboration between developers and project managers is vital.
- Tremendous work ethic.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Being open to learning and paying attention to details.
- Creativity. Not being hesitant to vocalize ideas & being able to communicate ideas so that everyone understands well.
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join our fast-growing team early and have a great influence on the future of Joubel.
- Potentially be part of changing the future for Internet content.
- Exceptionally engaged, dedicated, and highly skilled colleagues
- Highly efficient work environment, goal-oriented and high-spirited
Joubel is a young, fast-growing software provider. We improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world by empowering educators to create better e-learning content faster.
Our award winning software is called H5P. H5P is a framework made to allow everyone to create, share and reuse interactive HTML5 content and is easily integrated in different sites. H5P offers templates allowing users to create rich and engaging content without any design or programming skills. We currently offer over 50 templates including Interactive Video, Virtual 360 Tours and Branching Scenario.
H5P has, in a short period of time, grown to become one of the most widely used ed-tech solutions in the world, with customers that include Ivy League Universities, leading car manufacturers and publishers world-wide. We’re at the beginning of building the most significant ecosystem for interactive content in the world, so this is the perfect time for you to join.
Applying for the position
Make sure you upload an up to date resume and include your motivation for applying in the "Cover letter" area. The recruitment company Manpower is assisting us in this recruitment process, and you may reach out to Hanne Kristiansen on +47 917 09 558 if you have any questions about the position.
Deadline date for applications: October 31st 2021