Job: OpenCourseWare (OCW) Community Engagement Specialist | Open Learning
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2021-11-24
MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is seeking to multiply its global impact through outreach and collaborations that will support open education initiatives with other institutions and organizations. We’re emphasizing building connections with stakeholders around the world who re-use, re-mix, and/or adapt open educational resources (OER) from OCW to promote educational equity. Cultivating these connections, building the necessary relationships, and implementing collaborative programs is at the heart of this new position of OCW Community Engagement Specialist.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Work with OCW leadership to identify and create collaborative opportunities with teaching and learning communities that will expand OCW’s reach, impact, and ability to scaffold educational equity. Such organizations include institutes of higher education, OER content creators and repositories, government programs, and NGOs.
- Support educators and organizations in accessing and adapting OCW content. Develop insights into their goals and needs, and work with the OCW content publication team and platform developers to prioritize and deliver OCW solutions for those goals and needs.
- Coordinate OCW outreach and promotion through such means as serving as the content lead for the OCW e-newsletter, contributing blog posts, and networking at open education conferences.
- Collaborate on other projects and activities at OCW and across MIT Open Learning as needed, such as user feedback, social media outreach, campus events, etc.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years working in the open education space
- Experience developing and stewarding collaborative relationships
- Ability to think strategically, assess, and make recommendations about community engagement opportunities
- Ability to be a proactive and independent worker and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience presenting at conferences, participating in meetings with prospective and established collaborators, and writing communications copy, such as blog posts, op-eds, and newsletters
- Commitment to working towards increased educational equity
- Ability to travel up to 5 days/month when needed
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree
- Higher ed teaching or support experience
- Social media savvy
- Familiarity with marketing strategies
- Familiarity with Google analytics