Job: Open Research Training Lead. Application deadline: Dec 15, 2021 | The University of Sheffield
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2021-11-25
a 5 year+ post, full time, at a post-doctoral grade (G7)
This role will work across the University, and nationally with the UK Reproducibility Network (UKRN), to accelerate the uptake of open research practices. By empowering researchers to engage with better practice around research transparency, reuse and reliability, this role is key to the University Vision of an open research culture across all disciplines, which supports research quality and integrity, and deserves public trust in academic research
It would suit someone who is knows and cares about open research, and can work with researchers of all types to improve research practice. Applicants from a research (e.g. post-PhD) or research services background are encouraged.
- Work with me, the University open research working group and our research services team.
- Contribute to the excellent open research environment at University of Sheffield, across all faculties, working with academics from medical researchers to musicologists.
- Embed open research in our University vision for research excellence.
- Deliver training in coordination with our excellent library (who are also hiring a library open research manager!), Research Software Engineering, IT services and others.
- Coordinate with all UKRN partners, and the wider national and international space of those working on open research practices.
- Help academics contribute to the knowledge commons and support a vision of research work which is robust, re-usable and serves the public.
Details here, deadline: December 15th 2021.