Challenges and opportunities: Open Educational Resources (OERs) at McGill University
peter.suber's bookmarks 2017-05-13
"'Challenges and Opportunities: Open Educational Resources (OERs) at McGill University,' recommends:
- The SSMU and McGill University should engage in further data collection and information on OERs and affordable course content at McGill. a. This should be done in order to better understand where OERs may have the most impact for students and educators (e.g. what faculty or specific courses could be initial OER candidates)
- The SSMU and other student associations on-campus should engage in greater student advocacy efforts towards OERs. This would include educating the McGill community on the concerns of course material accessibility, what OERs are and how they can be utilized on campus.
- Increase the amount of institutional support for OERs on-campus through:
- Partnerships with the Library and Teaching & Learning Services
- Adoption of OER policies by the University and/or individual departments/faculties
- Increasing on-campus incentives to adopt/create OERs, including but not limited to financial incentives, recognition awards, and/or time-off for faculty interested in employing/developing OERs"
From feeds:Open Access Tracking Project (OATP) » peter.suber's bookmarks
Open Access Tracking Project (OATP) » lterrat's bookmarks