EOSC (Europen Open Science Cloud for Research Pilot Project)
peter.suber's bookmarks 2017-07-04
"The EOSCpilot project will support the first phase in the development of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). It will:
- Propose and trial the governance framework for the EOSC and contribute to the development of European open science policy and best practice;
- Develop a number of demonstrators functioning as high-profile pilots that integrate services and infrastructures to show interoperability and its benefits in a number of scientific domains; and
- Engage with a broad range of stakeholders, crossing borders and communities, to build the trust and skills required for adoption of an open approach to scientific research.
These actions will build on and leverage already available resources and capabilities from research infrastructure and e-infrastructure organisations to maximise their use across the research community.
- Reduce fragmentation between data infrastructures by working across scientific and economic domains, countries and governance models, and
- Improve interoperability between data infrastructures by progressing and demonstrating how data and resources can be shared even when they are large and complex and in varied formats.
The EOSCpilot project will improve the ability to preserve and reuse data resources and provide an important step towards building a dependable open innovation environment where data from publicly funded research is always open and there are clear incentives and rewards for the sharing of data and resources...."