Ouvrir la Science - The Committee for Open Science
peter.suber's bookmarks 2021-06-28
"The mission of this committee is to propose the directions that Open Science should take and to teach the subjects on questions of Open Science, as well as to animate and accompany the actions associated with it, in a fluid structure that simplifies the expression of ideas, suggestions and contributions, and their transmission to the different working groups.
The Steering Committee for Open Science ensures the implementation of a policy supporting open publications and research data. The committee's missions are:
- To ensure the coordinated implementation with higher education and research of a national plan aimed at making all publications and research data openly available;
- To enable the development of open science skills in the scientific community;
- To coordinate national action in the field of open science on the European and international levels;
- To define the principles and directions to be adopted concerning the assignment of financing from the national fund for open science and how it is used;
- To define the principles and directions to be adopted for negotiations with the main scientific publishers;
- To propose all actions likely to strengthen or promote the access to knowledge or research data to ministers of higher education and research and all public authorities...."