Senior Library Assistant
peter.suber's bookmarks 2023-02-24
"To assist with the routine operation of Enlighten, the University’s institutional repository in relation to: Enlighten:Publications ; Enlighten:Theses and Enlighten:Dissertations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assign appropriate metadata to material deposited in the University’s institutional repository, using specialist knowledge and agreed metadata conventions.
2. Check material deposited to ensure that it complies with publisher requirements on copyright and versioning and that such deposits comply with licensing requirements and copyright law. Ensure material deposited complies with funder body requirements and those of the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
3. Participate in the delivery of training workshops for staff depositing material in Enlighten.
4. Assist with the promotion of the repository internally and externally, to demonstrate the University’s research output by participating in presentations and events and contributing to Enlighten web pages.
5. Perform quality checks and data cleansing on the repository (running on e-prints software), regularly reporting any issues/trends to Enlighten Team Leader.
6. Liaise with team leader and repository manager in order to identify development needs required to improve workflows and the effectiveness of the repository.
7. Undertake other duties as required in Library Services...."