Information Specialist, Open Science – Libraries and Museums
peter.suber's bookmarks 2023-12-04
Provide research and instruction services to students and faculty in STEM areas advancing student success and research excellence at UTSA with a focus on open science, reproducible research principles, measuring, and communicating research impact.
Develop and maintain strong faculty relationships in order to support the academic curriculum and facilitate meaningful use of the Libraries’ information resources.
Leverage technical knowledge and skills to develop new areas of collaboration within the Libraries and with faculty. Initiate and/or coordinate library projects with university-wide impacts. Uses knowledge and skills to achieve institutional goals.
- Serves as an expert advisor and consultant to UTSA research community. Identifies and actively cultivates enduring partnerships with research enterprise, academic programs and key faculty at UTSA, aiming to facilitate meaningful use of information resources and tools in research, teaching and learning and to advance open science principles
- Develops, implements, and promotes education programming, focusing on educational efforts at UTSA; provides advice and assists faculty in integrating information resources into face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses; and develops associated digital content in a variety of formats.
- Plans, develops, and delivers subject-specific online and in-person instruction that supports positive course- and program-level student learning outcomes.
- Selects and evaluates materials in all formats to support areas of subject responsibility. Manages collection fund accounts for assigned areas.
- Partners with key UTSA Libraries areas to contribute to library-wide programming, strategic projects, and initiatives.
- Demonstrates UTSA core values: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusiveness, Respect, Collaboration and Innovation.
- Performs other duties as assigned...."