Assistant Information Services Specialist at The Francis Crick Institute
lterrat's bookmarks 2017-08-23
"This is a new post suitable for a recently qualified librarian looking to gain experience of delivering information services in a biomedical research-intensive environment. There will be provision of training in a variety of skills including current awareness, alert services, customer service, information literacy training, inter-library loans, open access and research data.
This role supports the development and delivery of professional, specialist, user-centred information services to all Crick staff. There will be provision of training to
These include but are not limited to;
- Curate and create content for the daily current awareness service, ‘Research Buzz’
- To act as first point of call for enquirers, online, email, in person and by telephone;
- Improving and updating Information Services intranet pages and using these to raise awareness of the services provided
- Work with the rest of the Information Services team to develop and deliver communication initiatives which raise awareness and use of the services
- Assisting with provision of information literacy courses to all staff working with Information Services Specialist
- Inputting metadata into the publications database, working to ensure maximum Open Access compliance and assisting in regular reporting on compliance
- Working with Information Services Specialist to ensure all research staff have ORCiD IDs and are aware of Open Access support and compliance
- Help to publicise and raise usage of online resources, databases, journals and e-books
- Work with Information Services Assistant to set up an in person introductory programme on information services for all new members of staff"