Researcher - Kiron
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2018-12-05
- Start: January 2019 or later
- Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Your set of skills
- You hold a Master’s degree or PhD with a focus on empirical research (preferably in education, psychology, or UX research) and ideally have strong computing and programming skills.
- Knowledge of relevant research methodologies is required, e.g. qualitative and quantitative research methodologies such as expert survey and questionnaire design, data analysis preferably in R, user research, interviews and focus groups.
- You have at least 2 years of research experience in a complex environment, strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- You are used to collaborate with several teams and are ideally able to visualize and present data to different stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German would be a strong asset.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The insight in the development of a Research department in a nonprofit EdTech organization.
- The atmosphere of a social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector and flexible working hours at our Berlin location.