Open Science Manager job with CERN | 19203
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2019-03-30
As an Open Science Manager you will:
- Facilitate discussion among stakeholders in the particle physics community, including theoretical physicists, experimental collaborations, their funding agencies, representatives of CERN Member States and the CERN management, to identify present and future Open Science needs and develop corresponding strategies to address them in a financially sustainable manner.
- In partnership with the CERN IT department and other teams at CERN or outside the Organization, operate existing data and analysis curation services, monitor their efficiency in serving the particle physics community, expand their adoption and drive further improvements of these tools following the demands of the user community.
- Represent the interests of the Organization in, and deliver strategic input to, governance bodies of international Open Science collaborations and EC projects.
- Supervise a diverse team of specialists in scientific information management, curation and software development, share knowledge and create a working environment conducive to learning to support individual career development within the Group.
- Demonstrated experience in managing international Open Science collaborations in an operational as well as a coordinating role, ideally in STEM disciplines.
- Sound understanding of the Open Science policy landscape and their implications for open access to scientific publications and research data.
- Understanding of the research process in high-energy physics or a comparable domain, involving large research collaborations, is an advantage.
- Initial experience in managing a team of diverse professionals.
Further details in the full description
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 12.05.2019