Elsevier agreement 2021-24 | Det Kgl. Bibliotek
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2021-01-26
Det Kgl. Bibliotek's national licensing consortium has, on behalf of the Danish universities and other research institutions, entered into a four-year agreement with Elsevier from 2021 to 2024.
The agreement is the first in Denmark to ensure full reading access to Elsevier's journals and free and immediate access (Open Access) to the articles published by researchers at the institutions covered by the agreement.
Here are some of the main points of the agreement:
- The price of the agreement is fixed for the entire period and is based on the price in 2020.
- There is full and unchanged reading access to the Elsevier portfolio for contractual partners covered by the contract.
- Permanent access to 75% of the Elsevier portfolio is ensured, so that institutions themselves can select the part that is considered most valuable, even after the contract expires.
- Immediate and free Open Access publishing for the publisher's final version with a cc-by license in the licensed Elsevier portfolio when the author is the corresponding author affiliated with an institution covered by the agreement.
- Approx. 600 Gold Open Access journals at Elsevier (see list below) and a list of approx. 170 licensed titles (we will bring a list below as soon as it is ready) have not been negotiated as part of the contract.
- Institution-neutral price increase on databases and reference tools from Elsevier of 1.12%