CFP: Wikimedia+Libraries International Convention 2022 | Maynooth, Ireland, 23-24 July, 2022
ioi_ab's bookmarks 2022-05-27
"With support from the Wikimedia Foundation, we are excited to announce the first-ever Wikimedia+Libraries International Convention, to be held in Maynooth, Ireland, 23-24 July, 2022. While a limited number of scholarships are available, individuals do not need to be awarded a scholarship to participate. As the inaugural conference for professionals working at the intersection of Wikimedia and libraries, we seek proposals that engage all aspects of libraries and information literacy work happening in and alongside the Wikimedia movement. Wikimedia's core-knowledge projects (especially Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikisource, and Wikimedia Commons) provide the community, resources, and technical infrastructure that enable free educational content on a global scale. To reach their full potential, however, these projects need participation from library leaders and their communities. To that end, we seek proposals that demonstrate practical, scholarly, and/or speculative engagement with Wikimedia across a diverse range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Advocacy and outreach in local contexts
- Tutorials and training on Wikimedia’s core-knowledge projects (Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikimedia Commons)
- Experience sharing panels
- Productive failures
- Future research - What are the initiatives/research that will move us forward?
- Publication and research at the intersection of Wikimedia+Libraries
- 27 May - 21 June, 2022: Share the call for proposals with your networks!
- 21 June, 2022: Deadline for proposal submission
- 22 June - 2 July, 2022: Programme committee reviews proposals
- 5 July, 2022: Decisions on proposals and publication of programme draft
- 23 July - 24 July, 2022: Conference event..."
From feeds:[IOI] Open Infrastructure Tracking Project » ioi_ab's bookmarks
Open Access Tracking Project (OATP) » ioi_ab's bookmarks