Why we need to seed blockchain in research: crisis and opportunities for collaboration
lkfitz's bookmarks 2018-08-24
"The quality of research, and hence the future of mankind, depends on effective and efficient exchange of ideas, data sets, pipelines, results. Whether you are involved in academic or industry research, we share a common denominator, namely a clear profit from:
- making research results more reproducible and sound;
- evaluating research impact based on a fair metric, and hence directing funding where its yield is the highest;
- preventing redundancies and a waste of human or financial resources;
- making use of new technologies to facilitate exchange of expertise not just across geographic locations but also disciplines;
- repairing and preventing the damage caused by the cases where the trust is broken."