Online Media Specialist Technical Assistant HV-NTP-925 Job Opening in Troy, New York - INSIGHT Into Diversity
lkfitz's bookmarks 2018-08-28
"The Online Media Specialist Technical Assistant supports, promotes and manages media and library online resource integration in the campus website, online guides and campus course management system in support of the learning and teaching mission of the college and its academic programs."
"Duties and responsibilities: The Online Media Specialist reports to the Library Director and performs the following duties:
- Provides ongoing support for access to digital media and online library resources and services into course management system Blackboard; open educational resources; and other systems.
- Assists users with and maintains specialized equipment for listening, viewing, and manipulating multimedia formats and digital objects.
- Provides digital media training, services, and material that meet academic programs and curricular needs in collaboration with department chairs, academic faculty and librarians.
- Collects and prepares usage statistics and reports to evaluate and assesses effectiveness of current practices, collections, and resources in collaboration with the library director.
- Plans and conducts tours, class and public presentations, and other outreach activities to describe and promote library and media resources, collections, and services.
- Promotes media and library collections, digital resources, and services through outreach, the web, subject guides, displays, and social media.
- Participates in services and activities in the Marvin Library Learning Commons in support of the library and institutional mission and goals.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of digital projects on platforms such as contentDM and dSpace using established guidelines.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student assistants and assigned.
- Performs other duties related to library operations as assigned."