Job Application for Endowment Director at Wikimedia Foundation
lterrat's bookmarks 2017-07-23
"The Endowment Director can be based in Wikimedia Foundation’s headquarters in San Francisco or work remotely. The Wikimedia Foundation has had its main fundraising success inside the United States; however, this is an international organization serving an internationally distributed audience. A strong international perspective with personal experience in cross-cultural communication is extremely important in this position.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan to build an endowment primarily through major gifts and planned giving.
- Recruit and partner with a board of directors to provide governance for the endowment fund.
- Strengthen the Wikimedia brand and actively broaden and deepen support for the Wikimedia Endowment among all current and prospective donors nationally and internationally;
- Retain, recruit and manage a team of development professionals and consultants; establish work plans, performance objectives, and goals for each team member and regularly review performance; provide professional development and training required to cultivate staff skills and professionalism;
- Ensure successful adherence to grant agreements;
- Undertake direct individual donor solicitations as appropriate, engaging the Executive Director, other Foundation staff, members of the Board or other community members when necessary;
- Aggressively implement a structured program for fostering strong, long-term relationships with targeted individual donors; organize events that boost individual fundraising efforts; strengthen the stewardship and donor recognition program for individual donors, with the objective of establishing a life-long relationship with major donors;
- Develop a proactive funder communications and accountability program that regularly educates our funders about the organization’s progress, in addition to complying with each donor’s reporting requirements; Manage prospecting efforts to identify and secure new endowment funders;
- Collaborate with the senior leadership of the Foundation in the preparation of annual operating plans and budgets."