Community-run open source tools for video and text collaboration | Flavours of Open
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2020-11-15
A collection of open source solutions for video conferencing, online teaching, learning and text-based collaboration: Jitsi Meet, BigBlueButton, Etherpad, CodiMD, CryptPad, EduMeet.
99% of the instances listed here are generously hosted by volunteer individuals and non-profit associations. If you find yourself using these tools on a regular basis, please consider supporting their admins by buying them a coffee or chipping in with a donation.
Table of Contents
- BigBlueButton -- video alternative for teaching, learning, collaboration in projects, etc.
- EduMeet -- alternative for video conferencing, collaboration in projects, etc.
- CryptPad -- text-based collaboration, alternative to GoogleDocs
- Etherpad -- text-based collaboration / notetaking
- HackMD / CodiMD -- Markdown-based collaborative writing / notetaking
- Jit.si Meet -- User- and/or community-run jit.si instances -- video meeting / conferencing alternative to proprietary/commercial solutions such as Zoom