Job: Scholarly Publishing Outreach Officer, Opening The Future. Applications invited by Oct 08, 2023 | Birkbeck, University of London
flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks 2023-09-20
COPIM is reshaping how knowledge dissemination is funded and accessed. Do you want to be part one of the most ambitious and impactful projects working in open access scholarly publishing today?
Your role will encompass three main areas:
- engagement and outreach;
- revenue model analysis and implementation;
- creating an OA books information hub.
You will take a leading role in library and publisher engagement for the Opening the Future (OtF) revenue model, a key part of COPIM’s ‘Open Book Futures’ project. A primary responsibility is building relationships with library supporters, partner publishers, and team colleagues. You will contribute to the success of the model by participating in marketing and outreach activities, including working with social media, writing press releases, conference proposals and reports, and organising events to bring stakeholders together.
You will work with publishers to analyse their financial models and monograph backlists, writing persuasive business cases based on your analysis. In tandem with the OtF lead you will execute the implementation of the revenue model at three newly-joining presses. You’ll also liaise with the two original OtF presses to ensure their continued successful participation.
Working closely with project colleagues and partners Jisc and LYRASIS you will co-create an OA books information hub: collating and presenting resources, advice, and pathways to OA implementation for publishers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An excellent understanding of open-access publishing and pertinent developments in the monograph and policy space.
- Strong interpersonal, professional communications skills and the ability to build and maintain partner relationships.
- Experience of writing well and to deadline for different audiences and different media/social media/channels.
- The ability to keep track of a range of ongoing tasks and schedules.
In return the role offers you:
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Be part of a knowledgeable, committed, experienced and fun project team
- Enjoy an international and diverse work atmosphere
- Be part of an ambitious project bringing about real change in OA book publishing.
This opportunity would build on experience as: scholarly communications librarian, marketing officer, publishing assistant.
This role is offered on a fixed-term basis until 30 April 2026.
Salary and Benefits
Grade 7 of the College's London Pay Scale which is £42,365 rising to £48,424 per annum.
Birkbeck offers a competitive salary and pension scheme, 31 days paid leave, flexible working arrangements and some of the most generous benefits in the HE sector, all while being located right in the heart of Central London.
The salary quoted is on the College's London Pay Scale which includes a consolidated Weighting/Allowance which applies only to staff whose normal contractual place of work is in the London area.
From feeds:Open Access Tracking Project (OATP) » peter.suber's bookmarks
Open Access Tracking Project (OATP) » flavoursofopenscience's bookmarks